Now, everyone's bound to rely on home remedies when off the shelves stuff don't work and becomes be costly. Yeah.. so I went and google up the Apple Cider Vinegar. Its been known to relieve gout, helps detoxify your body, control weight problems (in ancient egyptian times) and an overall good-for-your-body natural remedy.
But the only reason I decided to try this was........... because... I was having horrible acne breakouts from seafood allergy... sigh... (--)" I WANNA GET RID OF MY BLEMISHES>>>>
So... okay... I needn't even go and purchase this... a bottle of ACV's already sitting on the kitchen rack in the house. Now... I would really like to explain what's this vinegar all about and how it actually helps... but... lets just summarise my findings since anyone can google all this up :p
What do people say?
- It's suggested that ACV has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline. ACV has been known to relieve symptoms of allergies and gout.
- Several small studies suggest that vinegar (both apple cider vinegar and other types) may help to lower glucose levels. Good for diabetics
- Apple cider vinegar has become popular as a “fat-burner” and as a natural appetite suppressant. Historical facts show that ACV was used to weight loss in Egyptians.
- The acidic nature of this vinegar has been said to help scalp problems such as dandruff, itchy scalp, baldness and thinning hair. ACV can also help gastric problems as well.
What I tried with it?
- Tonic drink (2 teasspoon diluted with water each morning) - feels refreshing... must be cos' of the sour taste
- Using it as a toner (1:1 water:ACV) to help clear my pimple - err... doesn't really seem to do much for my skin... skin probablyy smoothen a little... and I ended up smelling like ACV. Read this
- Using it as a hair conditioner (1:1 water:ACV) - wow... works like a conditioner... but then again... I ended up smelling like ACV again... I think I'll stick to regular conditioners
- Pretty good as a pick-me-up in the mornings
- Seems to help my sinus too
- No... it didn't get rid of my blemishes
- The acidity seems to help tigthen my tummy in the mornings... so I think this would be good for people trying to lose a little weight on the tummy (but... this is not really a hard-core weight reducing remedy)
- Other than that... research shows that ACV is really just a folk remedy. So its not all that tonic liquid everyone gushes about... More than that... I think... again... this is really a psychological thing. If you believe the ACV works for you... then it does!