Friday, January 9, 2009

Piercings (what not to get...)

Why pierce?

pic credit from www1.istockphoto.com

I've had my share of going through the piercing rage stage. It was during college where everyone was getting piercings and tattoos.. More like I was peer-pressured into doing it... But, come to think of it... I guess its partly cos' it looks pretty to have nice studs on my ears (7 altogether) and belly (1 belly ring)...

Okay, now, I've been working for 4 years... And... I had removed all my piercings by end of year 2008!! except the 2 usual ear studs.... The crazy thing is... Lengcai, sis and bro... were disappointed...!! They said the 7 ear studs looked cool! Huh? I always thought my piercings were err... a little "mafan"... there were so many that every time I wanted to do my hair or changed out of small collared clothes, they were a nuisance 'cos they get hooked easily. And every time my ear itched... whoaa.. they were just plain irritating... Sadly... I'm prone to keloid scars... So after removing all those piercings... I now have 2 noticable keloid scars on my left ear cartilage and a small keloid scar right above my belly. For those who are prone to keloid scars... my advice is... DON'T.

What not to get? And, why not?
  • Cartilage ear piercings... They are painful and... not worth the scarring... Unless you never plan to take them off...
  • Nose ring... Hey... if you do take them off... there's gonna be a hole in your nose... forever. DON'T
  • Below the lips... Err... if you fancy having a freak show draining water through when the stud is removed... by all means...
  • Eyebrow rings... Just DON'T. Every person I know with an eyebrow ring has a nice streak scar on their brow where the piercing WAS.
  • Anything on the face... DON'T
  • Actually, belly ring is pretty nice. But.... most people don't make though it without scarring...
  • Nipples or genitals... DON'T EVER
  • Tongue piercings? The whole process is way-too-gross... A good friend did that... and yeah... she regretted the whole stages of having to go through liquid food for weeks and feeling weird trying to talk... So you thought it'd be great for oral sex? Think again... My advice is.. DON'T (unless you think sticking your pierced tongue out for photos looks cool... honestly? It doesn't)
For the sake of being a lenglui.... the above are some lousy humble advices of a person who's tried and tested piercings... belly rings and non-cartilage ear piercings are your safest and prettiest bets.

4 comments:

  1. lol. i've got eyebrow piercing, lip i've had 5 time, industrial ear, ear cartlage and my belly button 3 times.

    Just because you don't like it doesnt mean you can judge it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous...

    lol... no I'm not judging people who have piercings and no, its not that I don't like piercings... Come on... if I don't like them I wouldn't have had 7... hohoho...

    BUT...... this post is for people who are vain and are afraid of scaring... so this post is mainly on ~THE BLOGGER'S OWN OPINION~ on safest piercings with minimal scaring and not judging people with piercings **disclaimer-disclaimer** lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "humble"? nah, I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous...

    Humble? Ooo crap... did I put that... LOL... muahahaha... corrected so if it makes you happy...

    ReplyDelete