It has been 2 years since our last post! But... hohoho... in that 2 years you'd never guess how many cool products and gadgets got accumulated... muahaha...
Lets start with one of the pricier ones... which is not exactly pricey if you are considering painless full body permanent/semi permanent hair removal..
Say hello to Philips Lumea Essential purchased over eBAY. Quote from Philips - "Philips Lumea uses an innovative light-based technology called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons." So basically, it's IPL in the comfort of your home.
Now why did iwannabelenglui purchased this after a whole series of roundabout of hair removal treatments (see all my old posts under the hair removal label)?
- Not all body hair stays away forever (even after saloon laser, LHE or IPL)
- Some of your underarms and bikini line hair WILL grow back depending on your hormonal change
- Facial hair is so painful to remove with threading and this painful (but useful) tool ... lol
Regardless... the Conclusion:
- Lengluis who have never been for hair removal treatments can purchase this instead of signing up for a super expensive course
- Yes, this sounds pricey at the start... but trust me, it is way cheaper than signing up for full body treatments (completing a course can take up to 2 years to finally see real results for very umm hairy lengluis)
- We did lots of comparison with other brands of hair removal tools but apparently, this got one of the better reviews.. (and the lamp flash count is higher for Philips)
- This is suitable for face, bikini line and full body hair removal
- As with other IPL tools, treatment can go on for up to 8 weeks or more. But noticeable change will be visible after the second treatment
- This model is not suitable for hair removal on the fingers of slim lengluis, there is a window check area to make sure the lamp is fully covered y your skin area before the lamp is allowed to flash (safety reasons). An if your fingers are too slim, the lamp area cannot be fully covered
- This particular model is wired but the wire is at a comfortable length
Some TIPS for home treatment (learnt from previous saloon sessions):
- Get a jar of aloe gel (this one from Nature Republic is nice), apply to treated areas right after treatment to sooth skin (even though you'll likely feel almost nothing)
- Do not have a hot shower or stay out in the sun before and after your treatment
- As with all beauty tools, please read the risks involved before starting a DIY treatment at home