Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How YOGA saved my surf week...


pic credit to http://www.fitsugar.comhttp://www.fitsugar.com/5515118

Talk about being an idiot.....

3 days before a surf trip... those 3 and a half inches heels of mine were beckoning me to wear them... They were practically screaming "WEAR ME! WEAR ME!!!" lol... yeah... that's how it happened...

So yeah.... and I wore them to work... and .... I wore them to lunch.... where the floors in the food court were silently greasy and there were invisible steps along the stalls,.... I think you can guess what came next.... THE BIG FALL... yeah.... I "pok-kai" with food, tray and all..... Oh!!!! Talk about the embarrassment... and ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... felt like I should just disappear into thin air right that moment... Okay... so that's not the worst part... I was due to go on a surf trip 2 days after!! With foot in bandage and all.... that surf trip didn't look like it was going to happen...

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHH................................ today's the day after the "FALL"... so now... normally if you sprain your foot or ankle, its going to take a while to heal.. And you're probably going to be functioning only with one and a quarter foot... But..... Now, here's the great BUT.......

But because I've been such a good girl going for yoga classes and all... the sprained foot (twisted by 3.5 inches heels) didn't look too bad cos' there were already lots of twisting and awkward positions "the foot" has gone through in most of the yoga classes... so it was prepared for the worst... so the foot is healing great and I can still walk normally. Though the soreness is still there, I'm sure surfing is still good to go in 2 days time.... Imagine without yoga, "the foot" would have to endure such lethal effects of the sprain and surfing... would never have happened this year...

So there you go... YOGA is GOOD for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment